- New Writing Element --> Details; writing schedule
- The Literature Discussion course fee is $165 per semester. (six discussions each semester) 20% sibling discount
- Click here to register
- High School discussions are Mondays 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. PST. Specific dates are on the right.
- Students read the books and participate in the online discussions. There are no homework assignments, papers, or tests. This class was developed to encourage a love of literature through lively discussion. While grades are not offered, written verification of attendance and participation is available for transcripts.
- Online discussions of these books will utilize GoToMeeting's Webinar software, free to participants. GoToWebinar allows students to participate as much as they like by "raising hands" and joining the conversation visa telephone or VOIP, answering in-class surveys and using live chat box.
- Discussions are personally led by Adam and Missy Andrews. Plot, Conflict, Setting, Characters, Theme, Literary Devises, Context, are discussed.
- Online discussions of these books will utilize GoToMeeting's Webinar software, free to participants.
- Students will hear the instructor, raise their hand, speak when called upon, see the instructor's screen (presentations), and "chat" in the chat box with Mr. and Mrs. Andrews. Webinar also allows leaders to create in-class polls, with responses displayed in graphs during the discussion.
- Both Mr. and Mrs. Andrews will be online for each discussion, one leading the discussion and the other handling the chat box.
|September 9 |
| 2||One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich|
|3|| The Scarlet Letter|
| 4||Jane Eyre|
| 6|| Dante's Inferno||January 6 |
| 7|| The Old Man and the Sea |
|January 27 |
| 8||Nicholas Nickleby|
| 9||Revelation |
|March 10 |
| 10||Pride and Prejudice|
| 11||'Til We Have Faces|
| 12||That Hideous Strength|
|May 12 |